Sunday, April 26, 2009

Tokoyo, Japan

We made it!!! After a crazy flight. Well the flight wasn't too crazy, but the landing...well that was another story. The landing here in Narita, Japan was probably the CRAZIEST landing Ive ever experienced.
But we are here. In one piece. Thank you Jesus. And for the record the parts of Japan I've seen so far (although not much) it looks just like the Pacific Northwest. It's chilly...mid 60's and I love it!!

I got to spend the evening with Aya, which was just the icing on the cake...(she took a train 2 hours and a bus to get here. and she brought the new boyfriend, whom I am very pleased with ;-)...such an awesome time!)

Now, we have been awake for nearly 24 hours-and no-i did not sleep on the plane :(
we are crazy delirious...Kamu, Elise & I just played an awesome game of BEAN BOOZLE!!! (if you've never played, I highly suggest it) and now I am finishing this post and gonna crash out.

Our flight leaves Japan tomorrow at 11:45am-and i have no idea what time that makes in anywhere else in the world...this time change stuff is soooo confusing. anyways. i will have my phone service once we arrive in Dehli after our 9 1/2 hour flight. Then we arrive in Dehli around 5pm (with time changes) will meet up with Asish and Girish (our awesome friends from the orphanage) and head to dinner, after dinner we head to the train station and hop on our overnight train ride to Dehradun...I think we arrive there at like 6am. Then load up in taxis and head the 1 1/2 journey up the mountains to my boys! I am sooooooo excited!

Once I'm there I will be able to update everyone again.

Keep us in your prayers.

Specifically for me, I have a HUGE fear of getting sick again. Tonight I have a little bit of a sore throat, so I am praying that I stay 100% I am drinking emergenC and taking all my vitamins, so hopefully after some sleep tonight I'll be good as new. And I'm just exhausted.
I was asked to be the team admin for this trip, which is great, but a lot to keep in order. Every connection, every flight, every check point, customs, immigration, forms, addresses, phone numbers, pass ports, boarding passes, planes, trains and taxis...it's a lot and i REALLY want to keep a positive attitude. I am choosing now even in the midst of exhaustion to keep my attitude in check, but it is not easy at all.

Okay, that's it from now. I will post again when I can from Mussoorie!

I love you all!!!!

PS: Watch the other blog- http://www.teamfaith.blogspot.com/ for photos and more updates. also a bunch of photos have been uploaded on Alex's, Ben's and Kamu's facebooks if you want to see our photos so far of this crazy journey :)

Good night..I think ;-)

5 comments:

  1. haha you totally would be the admin... I will pray for health and well-being for you sazda and safety too! miss you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you rested! Praying for you for good health and good rest and not too much TJ! Love you! Everyone from here sends hugs!... ... ... **sigh!*** I am so envious! But in the most godly way.

    Make sure Tenny takes lots of pics of the boys when he is able. His Japan photos are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah!!! I'm so happy you saw Aya. Praying for you guys lots lots lots. Love ya and Hugs :)

    God Bless You!
    Sharon

    P.S. I'm listed as anonymous because I don't know how to register on this blog thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sister. I'm so happy you are there and loving those amazing boys. Love them for me. I'm sending all the positive vibes i can summon towards you guys! I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The boys are soooo blessed to have you there again. Don't forget to get rest when you can. Lord, please protect Sarah from physical and spiritual harm. Heal her from the sore throat and from any other ailment. May she find peace and rest in you.
    In Jesus Name, Amen

    ReplyDelete